1 Step forward 2 Giant Steps Back

I was on top of the moon when Obama was elected now, I crash landed into reality. Prop 8 in California says gay marriage is not legal. This passed?

I understand people are afraid of it changing what God sees as a "marriage/unity" and it would change the constitution. These are people that love each other, that build a life together, can't there be a way for their partners to still inherit their estates and any children? Can't we solve this and everyone be equal?



Then in another state (I won't mention because I'm very mad) they passed an amendment saying gay couples can not adopt children. WHAT? Especially in this state that is full of meth and crack heads, this is important. Forget giving them loving homes, these poor children are playing in rat feces and trash cans while their crack moms are passed out and that state is cool with it. *Karen wipes a tear*.



Yes I am religious, I'm not gay and I live in a very small town so, I should be alright with this but it makes me so upset and very angry. I hope that I'm alive to see when EVERYONE has rights.

Why are more people not mad and talking about this? I was getting some coffee and I overheard a conversation involving two gentlemen talking about how glad they were to have moved to Colorado because they used to live in that state and couldn't imagine what, as a couple, that would do to them. They were holding hands and at this point, tightened their grip as if they were trying to hold on to their freedom. I walked out with my eyes watering...

This is saying "Hey, limit your life and limit how much of a life you can share with someone you truly love". Half of all "marriages" end in divorce anyway.

I would love to get my hands on data saying what % of divorces, wife beaters and shamed pastors voted for these and then show them a mirror.

*Karen steps off soapbox*.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marriage licenses are isssued by the county not churches,mcdonalds,or your auto mechanic.Can the church also deny/grant building permits etc?
Who cares about who s getting married or divorced?This anti marriage thing will be repealed sooner than later though.Its inevitable.

SitDownKaren said...

It's like there is no seperation between church and state.

I agree that it will happen sooner or later but wouldn't it be great if it happened sooner?

Does this mean Canada is becoming perfect? LOL...

Anonymous said...

electing a black president is pretty darn good evolution-dont know if canada would be so daring.Is gay marriage legal there yet?
Canada is nice but winter never,ever,ever ends.I lived there.
My fave time in telluride is late may/early june.

SitDownKaren said...

It's legal to get married there and I believe Hawaii(?). I love August/September at night. It's just beautiful!

They Rock!

About Me

My photo
Telluride, Colorado, United States
Trying to balance my busy days with my slow days. Blogging clears my head so I'm ready for the busy days.