This is AWESOME!!

Happy Veterans Day! To all the troops thank you for all you do so, I can write what I think and fight for freedom here.

So, I have a friend that told me about this collection of books, yes plural. I went on a trip to the bookstore and found them. They book made me cry, laugh, get angry, be at peace. They are Frank Warrens Post secrets books (in various titles). People mail in postcards that have secrets on them and Frank publishes them. He now has a website www.postsecrets.blogspot.com.

I think it's a great idea and some of them actually made me cry, it was insane! They are anonymous so, they are truthful and raw. More than one I read gave me shivers one said "When you look at me you see through me, and I hate it." I can't get that out of my head. I don't know why maybe I connect to what these people are saying out loud that I could never say.

Sometime it's easier to talk to strangers than to your best friends. Maybe that's why I like this blogging thing so much. I don't know anybody personally on here, so it's easier for me to say things that my much more republican, rich, great looking "friends" would tolerate me to say.

I moved here 3 years ago and fell into this circle of friends that are super trendy, beautiful, rich and that's where I have to stay. I know some of you are going to say well you can find others. They are really nice and laid back so it's not like I do not like them but, I only have a couple of girls out of the circle that are really my friend and know my deepest secrets. These are the friends that have moved here too but are from the town we grew up in.

It's the family I come from. They are extreme, extremely, extremist, have-to-be perfect family. They have money so they think anybody else is beneath them. I do not have much money. I currently do not have a steady job and I can't tell them I don't have that much money. If I ever told my mother this she would shit twice and die.

Moving on. Do you have any secrets? You can be anonymous if you would like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

women dont have to worry about being successful.They just have to marry success!Telluride and all resort towns are kind of uber rich crowds.Its kind of weird because there are also a lot of ski bums and outdoor adrenaline freaks living in their cars or shipping containers etc in and around telluride,aspen etc...I know i did it for 2months in colorado.I know some very wealthy left leaning people and they are no different than right wingers-their money status is the most important factor in their lives,when all is said and done.They jump on their private jet or luxury suv for some environmental charity dinner.
I admire their ambition not their money.

BTW,do you ever get cabin fever there?Ive always wondered if i could live in aspen etc without all the stimulation of a big city.Im not a party person and dont go out but i think i get an adrenaline hit through osmosis living in LA.

SitDownKaren said...

I don't get cabin fever because you can drive down to New Mexico or through Colorado. We still go to our hometown all the time. Gas is ALOT cheaper now so we've been getting out alot.

We are not party people, we don't even drink! So we have fun at home. No shortage of outdoors activities here, it's just not that party scene.

That's what you must love about L.A., so much to do!!

Anonymous said...

i remember driving from telluride to 4corners and south of cortez on the left side of highway666 you see a broken rock formation/cliff that goes all the way to shiprock.There was a full moon rising and a wild horse next to the road.

SitDownKaren said...

I hope you took pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

of course i didnt!!!
i was on a road trip with my camera in the passenger seat...i wanted to take photos in mexican hat before sunset so i took the road over montezuma to blanding,ut(montezuma, what a spooky area that is.)
After i realized what an idiot i was.I didnt even take 1 darn photo of that spectacular scene that i had never visited before.Soemtimes when you are car camping and doing extreme stuff you kind of lose common sense.Especially when your mind is set on taking pix of another area and time is running against you.
I have zillions of pix from my car camping days around utah and colorado.Crazy landscape pix.But i have none of cortez-to-shiprock area.That means i am on amission to return and document.Shiprock is an awesome sight.You can see it from bluff or blanding,ut.
Who knows,at the rate of this oil price implosion i might drive out there very soon!Gas should be under 2$ pretty soon.I remember in 1998 i was driving through telluride and gas at the texaco was 1.87$.I thought that was a rip off!

They Rock!

About Me

My photo
Telluride, Colorado, United States
Trying to balance my busy days with my slow days. Blogging clears my head so I'm ready for the busy days.